Saturday, April 23, 2016

Activity 1

Hi guys! How are you? Today I'm gonna talk about an activity from unit 3.

In the first place, we were asked to choose for some items in an online shopping website with certain budgets of money. For $799,28 I've chosen the CyberpowerPC Business Instrinsic BII300. We are talking about serious computers here guys, master gaming machines crafted to run a high variety of games and applications. Now for placing the computer, I've founded the Avenue Greene Hobby Desk, that for a reasonable amount of $147,99 makes the perfect choice for someone who also loves to have space for placing books and all kind of stuff.

Now, for the second part of the activity I made an online test about internet addiction. There were varied questions that mainly wanted to test your control upon the hours a day you spent surfing in the internet. My results were that I was Mild, meaning that I'm an average online user who has control over its usage. I think that I'm maybe more than just an average user, because I actually spent a lot of hours a week online but its true that I've always prefered direct contact with people or partys over the time online. Also I think I have a great self-control so in that way the test result may be right.

After that I made a gap-filling activity about the MP3 players. I think that's kind of out-of-date to talk about MP3 players but, whatever. The activity was fine and I learnt a lot about specific words to refer to MP3s.

Finally, I chose an article from how stuff works that talks about the nature of dreams and the activity that dreaming means. Dreams are very complex for us to understand, and despite of all our technology and science researches we don't know for sure what happens when we dream. Anyways, we actually know that when dreams happens, most of our body's phisiologycal functions work the same way the would if we weren't dreaming. Another interesting thing about dreams is the fact that we don't usually remember what we dream. Again, science didn't have an answer for this problem, but we can weave some theorys about it and about the complex nature of dreams.

For me dreams are just a very strange field that gives you all kind of possibilities. I think that they are really a space where we can experience modified states of consciousness whitout being even awake. There are lots of people that practice very hard to improve the amount of control they had over their dreams. That discipline makes possible the idea of lucid dreaming, wich gives dreamers the possibility to perceive that they are actually dreaming and start making changes in their dreams. We are talking about something huge here, about the idea of building realities in a space that exist as long as you are actually asleep. Some psychonauts and dream explorers actually believe that this creating ability can help you solve most complex psychological problems, and improve your self-esteem.

Regardless of the truth of this theories, I think that the nature of our dreams make possible for us to state that dreams can be what you want them to be. Remembering your dreams, as well as trying to understand them, can help you a lot to improve in knowing and feeling better with yourself.

Let me know your impressions about dreams and all we can experience with and within them!

No comments:

Post a Comment