Thursday, April 7, 2016

The traveller's Stomach ache

I've told you that I love backpacking. Every year, I wait a lot for the summer to come and the trip to start. When it begins, the south of Chile is my main destination, but this summer i had the chance to travel to Perú. It was one of the best cultural experiences of my life, and it also taught me what autonomy and being freely by my own was all about. Obviously, we couldn't lost the opportunity to visit the famous place of Perú. Yeah, I'm talking about Machu Picchu.

I was travelling with 4 friends and we decided to take a trip trough the peruvian jungle to get to Machu Picchu after 4 days of hiking and sailing rivers. I can tell you that jungle is amazing! We had long walking days visiting local farms where native people produce an extremely high variety of exotic fruits like pineapples, mangos, cacao and a lot of coca. We also had the opportunity to see some monkeys that lived in a house roof. Finally, after being bitted by all jungle mosquitoes and having 3 days of constant raining we get ourselves to Aguas Calientes, the town that's below the ancient Inca City.


We thought that everything was fine, but the morning that we started hiking to Machu Picchu everything went wrong. There we are, at 5 am waiting in line for our entrance to the city when a torrential rian started to fall. The way upside Machu Picchu has near 1000 steps, so you can imagine that doing that being hitted by the strongest rain of your life is not very nice. Anyways, we got to the top and we started visiting the city. I can tell you that its a magical place. You can feel its ancient energy and see some of the Inca's most advanced technology. Sadly for us, we were all wet and tired so we didn't take so many pictures, considering that the day wasn't appropiate for cameras and all that stuff. But suddenly the sky became clearer and I had the chance to took this photo with my 3.2 MP camera so you can understand that's not so good quality. Anyways, I love this picture because it remembers me what the trip was all about, it remembers me that the important thing after all was not the pictures or the nice restaurants and hotels but the chance to travel, meet people from all over the world and being in touch with one of the ancient cultures of our planet.

6 comments:

  1. Nice experience Matias. I also went to machu picchu years ago and I found it a very beatiful and comfortable place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its actually a hell of a place :D I think it was a shame for us to had such bad weather. I'm maybe thinking of going back. I dunno.

      Delete
  2. woow, your picture is fantastic! I like the inca culture, but i have a question, practice you yoga in this travel?
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matias. When I read this post, feel that I read a literatury text. I feel all of your adventures like my adventures jaja. You write so cool bro.
    My dream is visit the Inca City, you are afortunately.
    Regards friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice travel Matìas. You were very high this day, congratulations friends! I like make this travel someday. Regards, Matìas!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo Matias, I like the history of Machu picchu and special place.

    ReplyDelete