Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Holy BAJÓN 2.0

Those were good times, times where freedom rules our lives. We were backpacking with another couple, going through the route of the seven lakes. Our arrival to Puerto Varas presaged the end of our trip, so we spent those days enjoying all the luxurys that our remaining money allowed us.

One night the four of us decided to went out for some drinks and we finished partying in a local bar. The "Escudos" were sweeter and tastier that night, as our palates hadn't tasted any kind of drink that wasn't water in the past week. As the night falls, hours started to pass by and the drinks and substances to affect our bodys. At a certain moment, we decided to go back to our camping and started to walk towards it. We got kind of lost and tooked the wrong way but we didn't really care.

When we were walking, we passed by a place called "The Bajón 2.0". The speciality of "the bajón" was that you can build your own taste sandwich or hot dog, it was totally free. We were totally in the mood of getting a "bajón" so we decided to eat some sandwichs and french fries.You know I'm vegetarian, so my choice was a sautéed onion sandwich with pickles, fried egg, merkén and sweet pepper. The sandwichs were great and not expensive at all but the greatest part was that the owner of the place first started to gave us a high variety of sauces like merkén mayonnaise, american sauce, honey mustard and so on.



We were having a really good time but the best part cames when the owner told us he was magician. Right after that he takes out some playing card and started to do the most amazing magic tricks I've ever seen. We were really stoned so we totally freaked out and have the best time in a while. I really miss those times and I hope some day I could go back to the mythical "Bajón 2.0". If you visit Puerto Varas, its placed in Colón street and opens in nights. Tell the owner that I'm sending you, maybe you get some disccount :)



5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha what a story man. It seems an amazing place, i'd like to go, but is so far :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'am not Vegetarian yet but anyway I believe that I would enjoy "el bajon 2.0" if I went. I'am anxiously waiting the moment that I will have in my mouth some el bajon's sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place rocks man, I know that you like backpacking so eventually one of your destinations will be Puerto Varas and there all places are kind of expensive. So, remember the existance of this sacred bajón temple and be sure to visit it if you get to that city.

      Delete
  3. Oh! nice post Matias. Its reminds me places that I have been when I have been traveling. Such a good experiences.

    Take care and I hope you come back there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! it's difficult meet a place of fast food where they have vegetarian option!
    Good For you
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete